Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Park Place

I have all the respect in the world for Gary Taylor. What is going on at the corner of F.E. Wright and I-40 is tremendous and will be a huge impact on the future of Jackson. Gary, for many years, has had a knack for turning a profit from a pile of dirt. Certainly this is a simplification for a multi-year project and Gary's many years of making contacts in the world of development.

More about Gary can be found on his website.

I was happy to see he redesigned his website and updated the info. This is what Park Place will look like (you can zoom in on the image on Gary's website):

So...the rumor is that we are getting a Kroger at this location. I see on the plan a spot for a theater. I hope it's not another Ajay. We need a quality theater, not one that is a dump, has outside ticket purchasing, no web ticket purchasing option, etc.

In the first completed building is a Sparky's (from Lexington) and a Los Portales, or so I've heard.

Gary's site has a town center on the Sandstone Village site on the northeast corner of the I-40 and Christmasville Road. This town center would directly compete with the other town center located at the southeast corner of Campbell and I-40. Interesting...

No comments: